This is a great question, and one we encourage you to ask! We have listed below some of the reasons why this service could benefit you.
- Price – The word ‘CUSTOM’ often means expensive. In this case though, for a number of reasons, customers have commented that a custom build from us ended up being cheaper than buying from a retailer. Some of these reasons are listed below.
1. We can often obtain these parts cheaper than what you might pay for them as an online customer due to the higher quantities that we require.
2. Custom builds allow us to spec the computer to exactly what you need, sometimes saving hundreds of £’s on buying a pre-built machine with components you don’t want or need.
3. We don’t have any incentive to up-sell unlike the main high street retailers, because we have a set build fee, and we buy stock as needed. That means we won’t sell you something you don’t need. (Unless you really want it of course!)
- 30 days FREE support – As a local PC repair & web design business, we are fully equipped to provide this, and would only be a phone call away should you need us!
- Sensible Upgrade Options – On almost every custom build we do, there’s at least one component where spending a fraction more can provide big performance gains. We also use this as an opportunity to offer ‘future proofing’ upgrades. For example, if we upgrade to this case, your components will cool better and last longer.
- Correctly Tuned. Time and again we’ve seen custom gaming machines sold with the best and fastest components that have not been tuned correctly. This usually means the build has been rushed, and what’s worse is that the customer often wont know the difference! Paying for the ultimate hardware, only to have it limited to sometimes as little as 50% of it’s capacity is not acceptable. We do not allow this to happen.
Perhaps one additional point you haven’t considered is that even with brand new hardware, built completely correctly, sometimes the machine just will not boot. You’d probably be surprised how often this actually happens. This can especially be the case when we’re dealing with high end hardware, as they are performing right on the edge of what’s currently possible. If your PC is being built by us, you don’t have to worry about any of this. We will be able to diagnose the problem and resolve it directly with the manufacturer if necessary, saving you time and hassle. (And sometimes issues blamed on non-professional installation which means no refund!)